It's fun to mix it up with really good and healthy food. I'm into the hearty healthy soups right now cause its so efficient and tasty. This one you have to try.
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 medium white onion - diced small
8 bacon strips - Chopped
6 celery stalks - Diced
5 cups or more peeled and cubed sweet potato
2 cans full fat coconut milk
20 oz or so organic chicken stock
2/3 cup clam juice
Sea salt and pepper
1 10 oz can wild caught clams. Pour juice into a cup and use as recipe calls
1 or 2 bay leaves
1.25 Pounds wild caught peeled and deveined with shells and tails removed.
Handful minced parsley for garnish
1 can crab meat
1. In a large soup pot, saute the onion in coconut oil over medium for 4-5 mins.
2. In another pan cook the diced bacon until almost done. Drain bacon and add to onions.
3. Add celery and sweet potatoes and saute for another 4-5 mins
4. Add coconut milk, chicken stock , clam juice, and black pepper and bring to a simmer.
5. Add bay leaf and let the soup simmer for 20-30 mins or until potatoes are soft.
6. Using a potato masher , gently mashed the cooked sweet potatoes to help thicken chowder, make sure to leave some potato chunky.
7. Add shrimp to chowder and cook for about 5 mins or until the shrimp are pink and tender
8. Add clams and crab meat and stir until well heated. Serve soup right away and garnish with parsley or also add avocado.